New Date: August 29, 2021
The Global Fund for Mental Health is honored to serve as an official charity ride partner for the 2021 TD Five Boro Bike Tour which returns to streets on August 29th. We are thrilled to come together as a team to ride 42 miles across all five NYC boroughs to foster awareness of mental illness – and mental health – while raising funds to support the many research, training, and advocacy initiatives that are supported by the Global Fund for Mental Health.
Mental illness significantly impacts the lives of countless individuals, families, and communities across the world. In any given year, about 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. — that’s 43.8 million — experiences a mental health condition. Worldwide, mental disorders and distress contribute substantially to the burden of disease and are the leading cause of disability. It’s estimated that more than 75% of people with severe mental disorders in low- and middle-income countries receive no treatment for their disorders, and even in high-income countries, only about 30-50% of such individuals receive care.
Through cutting edge research, training, and advocacy initiatives, the Global Fund for Mental Health and its collaborators, including the Columbia-World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center for Global Mental Health, work to address the profound gaps that exist in mental health understanding and services around the globe. Their singular aim: to alleviate the global burden of disease inflicted by mental illness.
All donations or proceeds from your ride are tax-deductible and will support thoughtful, comprehensive, and innovative programs around the world that benefit millions of people suffering from psychological distress. Learn more about these initiatives here.
Join us on August 29, 2021!
As a Global Fund for Mental Health bike team member, you’ll enjoy:
- Free VIP registration to the 2021 Five Boro Bike Tour ($350 dollar value)
- Complementary rider identification kit (bib & bike plate) pick-up so you avoid lines at the event expo; this is your key to enter and participate in the ride
- An early, advanced start on the morning of the ride, allowing you ample time to enjoy the sights and sounds of the route and to avoid crowds at the start of the event
- A light breakfast before the start of the ride
- Snacks and entertainment at four rest areas along the route
- Fully supported route with multiple water stops
- Access to free bike repair along the route provided by Trek
- Access to SAG (Support and Gear) vehicles
- Digital finisher certificate
- Free photos provided by Amazon
- Access to exclusive VIP lounge and gourmet lunch at the Finish Festival
- The satisfaction (and associated tax deduction) of supporting worldwide advances in mental health treatment